Saturday, January 26, 2013

Thoughts on disease prevention.

Several months ago I adopted a multi-faceted approach to wellness. Through walking, yoga, meditation, breathing exercises, massage therapy, chiropractic adjustments, acupuncture and nutritional supplements, I dropped 24 pounds, lowered my blood pressure, and eliminated blood pressure medication and hormone replacements. I’ve become acutely aware of what I put in my body and on my body so I’ve eliminated many dangerous additives and chemicals found in food and skin care products. You will hear more about this in future blogs. As stated by U.S. Surgeon General Regina Benjamin, MD, “Preventing disease before it starts is critical to helping people live longer, healthier lives, and keeping health-care costs down.”

No comments:

Post a Comment